General Description of Wealth Advisors of Iowa:
Wealth Advisors of Iowa (WAI) is an SEC registered RIA only firm located in West Des Moines. Since WAI was established in 1998, we have provided tailored advice to help our clients reach their financial goals. As an affiliate of McGowen Hurst Clark Smith, a long established and well-respected local CPA firm, WAI associates also have access to a network of CPAs and tax expertise.
WAI is looking for a Financial Advisor to join our team. This person will bring a passion for making our clients’ financial lives better and a drive for growing a long-term career with WAI. This person will be responsible for building their own book of business. With over 50 years of combined industry experience, our advisors and associates provide tremendous experience and expertise to help this person thrive.
WAI is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
General Description and Essential Functions:
The Financial Advisor position is responsible for helping clients pursue and meet their financial goals by recommending suitable investment strategies and services based upon a client’s unique situation. The Financial Advisor will utilize market viewpoints, investment strategies, and model portfolios to efficiently manage their clients’ portfolios. Additional functions include:
- Provide end-to-end comprehensive advice, deliver client reviews/presentations with confidence and recommend strategies to help clients achieve their financial goals and life priorities
- Respond to and resolve client service requests according to WAI policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner at all times
- Develop client base and build win-win relationships that positively represent the Advisor and WAI
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- FINRA Series 65 license or CFP designation, and applicable state insurance license (or willingness to obtain)
- At least two years of relevant industry experience
- Thorough knowledge of the securities industry, securities markets, investment strategies and financial planning.
- Demonstrated strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- High professional standards and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate clearly and confidently in a variety of settings.
- Ability to effectively present investment strategies to clients and maintains a holistic approach to planning
- Strong relationship management, sales and new business development skills
- Proficiency with various computer software programs including the ability to use recommended planning tools and processes
Job Type: Investments / Insurance
Primary Location: Iowa-IA-West Des Moines
Shift: 1st – Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Travel: Very little, if any, out of town travel
To apply, mail or email your resume to our Director of Financial Planning, Kellie Masters, for consideration.
Wealth Advisors of Iowa
1601 West Lakes Parkway, Suite 200
West Des Moines, IA 50266